Nigeria News App

Join NN App My Account
Stats: 584 members, 3,494 topics. Date:   Thu, 18 2019 at 06:07 am
For more please contact us @ [email protected]

Nigerian News

FrontPage Forum Must Read Latest Posts Breaking News Entertainment Politics Business Economy Sports Romance General Hausa News
Trending :
Join NN App Earn by reading news Sign in My earnings Invite friends Income record How it works FAQ Testimonial Income support Today offer

OUR LIVES IN DANGER!

By - - [ ]

Residents of Anambra community cry out after invasion by hoodlums
Send SOS to Buhari, Obiano
For the people of Ubaru, Igbariam community, Anambra East Local Government Area, Anambra State, their bond of unity has broken and things have fallen apart. The situation is such that the residents have petitioned President Mohammadu Buhari and the state governor, Chief Willie Obiano, to save them from the hoodlums in the area.

Their cry to the federal and state governments came as a result of the mayhem unleashed in the community by some hoodlums on Friday last week when no fewer than eight buildings were destroyed in a midnight attack.

The arrest of 84-year-old Michael Ezike and 18 others by security agents has also heightened tension in the community.

Following the destruction that took place in the village, more than 100 residents have relocated to neighbouring communities and other states in the country for fear of being harmed.

The buildings destroyed included that of the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture in Anambra State, Dr. Edwin Ezinando.

Since the crisis erupted, the area has become a ghost town, while the residents now live in fear of the unknown.

The Public Relations Officer of the Anambra State Police Command, Haruna Mohammed, said the arrests made in the community were not carried out by the state command

He also said the police command was not aware of the matter and, therefore, would not speak on it.

The Nation gathered that the police command had deployed enough security in the community to avoid further break down of law and order, despite the command’s claim that it is not aware of the crisis.

One of the victims of the mayhem, Nnalue Iloegbune, whose building was destroyed by those who invaded the community, said they were living in fear.

He called on both the state and federal governments to come to the aid of the community before things could get out of hand.

Iloegbune recalled that trouble began when one of the leaders in the community wanted to intimidate the people by converting a communal land to his own.

He said it was agreed that the said land would be shared to the seven villages while the remaining portion would be used for the development of the community. The leader was, however, said not to be favourably disposed to the idea, hence he allegedly connived with another top shot in the community to harass and intimidate the people.


The land in question covers about 360.085 hectares. While each village was allotted 900 plots, the said leader was said to have maintained that he would take the remaining 407 plots. The idea was resisted by the people, culminating in the mayhem.

An 81-year-old widow, Madam Agnes Atomba, said the hoodlums had stormed her house at 2: 00 am that Friday and allegedly made away with the sum of N200,000 her children had sent to her for medication.

She said the hoodlums had introduced themselves as policemen and ‘Bakassi boys’, beating up the entire household and destroying the building.

She said: “They came in commando style, broke into my house at 2: 00 am and ordered the entire household to get out. They kept asking about Gilbert, my son, who lives in Lagos.

“I have been sick. The entire money my children sent to me, totalling N200,000, they took everything, destroyed our property and took away other items in the house, not minding my health status and my age.

“I will not curse them because I know that they are from this community, but God will do so for a poor aged widow like me.”

Another hapless resident, Mrs Catherine Ogini, said that church money kept with her totalling more than N200,000 was taken away by the hoodlums, while their building was also destroyed.

She said most of the people in the area are now forced to sleep outside their homes, while the youth, who she said were the main targets, had all run away from the community.

Narrating his ordeal, Christian Iloegbune said the youth were being hunted by the hoodlums, but the former, according to her, had all relocated to unknown places.

Some red-eyed young men seen inside the palace of the monarch of the community, Igwe Nzekwe Kelly, told our reporter that the traditional ruler had travelled out of town, when we attempted to seek his reaction to the crisis in his domain.


http://thenationonlineng.net/our-lives-in-danger/


Like .

Others are reading


15 Comments Nigeria News
Iamajtofunmi• 7 months ago
Sad
Reply
Iamajtofunmi• 7 months ago
Sas
Reply
Danson92• 7 months ago
Ok
Reply
Olite1996• 7 months ago
this is bad
Reply
Kolatunmy• 7 months ago
Issorite
Reply
Irphilippe• 7 months ago
okay
Reply
Nwoguemmanuel77• 7 months ago
Ok
Reply
yetty031009• 7 months ago
Ok
Reply
innkayobami• 7 months ago
Too bad
Reply
olakunle031009• 7 months ago
Ok
Reply
Fatimabello• 7 months ago
Huh
Reply
Keshinismail• 7 months ago
Hummm
Reply
Raymond• 7 months ago
Ok
Reply
Sayolara• 7 months ago
Sad
Reply
Abiodun• 7 months ago
Ok
Reply

(Go Up)

Have a news to share? Contact Email: [email protected]

NIGERIA NEWS APP (https://www.nigerianews.app) is a website owned by IAR (IJMBway Alevel Registraion) a registered company that pays you for reading news, commenting on every news, sharing our ads on Twitter/ Facebook, inviting friends & family and logging daily. You can make upto ₦200,000 just by inviting people to read Latest Nigerian News & Breaking News in Nigeria. Register today with ₦1,600 to become a member.


© 2018 - Nigerian News App.